Prevent cross contamination from Stethoscopes –
CoreShieldz is a fast, effective and affordable solution to help eliminate the spread of microorganisms via the stethoscope.
By using CoreShieldz™, practitioners provide best in class infection protection for their patients. In doing so, they choose to be proactive. They are not ignoring documented studies that prove the stethoscope is a hub of microorganism growth and a danger point for infection transmission.
CoreShieldz™ addresses the growing patient fear of walking out of a doctor’s office with something worse than they walked in with, due to exposure to infectious microorganisms. Patients also gain a deeper appreciation for the practitioner’s diligence in protecting against infections.
The Coreshieldz dispenser is made of sturdy aluminum and plastic to fit into the healthcare setting and withstand use for every patient engagement. The Coreshieldz dispenser can be placed on a flat surface or on a wall in a convenient location for application while beginning the exam.
The Coreshieldz dispenser mounting bracket (included) can be used to secure Coreshieldz dispenser to surface. Simply use the two provided screws to secure mounting bracket. Slide Coreshieldz dispenser into mounting bracket and lock in place with set screw.
- 68.3% of physicians’ stethoscopes were contaminated with 92% having coagulase-negative staphylococcus. (Alothman, A., Open Infectious Diseases Journal, 3, 80-82. 2009)
- MRSA was detected in 70%of stethoscopes. (Dias, C., Revista De Microbiologia, 28(2), 82-84, 1997)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated roughly 1.7 million hospital-associated infections, from all types of bacteria combined, cause or contribute to 99,000 deaths each year, with the annual cost range to be around $11 billion. (Klevens, R Monina et al. Estimating Health Care-associated Infections and Deaths in U.S. Hospitals, 2002, Public Health Reports 122.2 (2007): 160-166)
- From Mayo Clinic Proceedings March 2014:89(3)291-299: Conclusion: The contamination level of the stethoscope is substantial after a single physical examination and comparable to the contamination of parts of the physician’s dominant hand. (2014 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research n Mayo Clin Proc. 2014;89(3):291-299)
- Stethoscope Protection 2016 2 ← CLICK HERE FOR PDF
- Victor Lange Study Summary- RDI ← CLICK HERE FOR PDF